Our process is fairly straightforward.
- It all starts when you contact us and give us some detail about what you need.
- Either Jenna or Stephanie will get back to you (usually within two business days).
- You will send us the piece you need edited.
- We will give you a quote and a timeframe for completion.
- Payment is made in full, directly to your editor.
- The work is completed and sent back to you.
There are a few things to keep in mind when working with us.
- We work in Microsoft Word, utilizing the Track Changes feature, so you can review our edits and suggestions before implementing them. If you send us plain text, a link to your website, a PDF, or any other type of document, we will paste it into Word without formatting, track changes, and send the .docx file back to you.
- There is one exception to the above. If you are self-publishing and have reached the final proof stage, you should send the completed PDF of your book. We will mark any errors and send the PDF back to you.
- The Editor’s Desk is a group of freelance editors, not a business. You deal with and pay your editor directly.
- By engaging our services, you agree to only send us work that you have created yourself and to which you own all rights.
- If necessary, we have no problem signing an NDA before working on your material, but please know that we treat our clients’ work with the utmost confidentiality.